Chemo diary 1


1/27/17
Update

We went back to Boston yesterday to find out the next step on my treatments. I saw it coming but it is still surreal to learn that I will need to start chemo asap.
My cancer started as Non-small lung cancer with a cell mutation, but through my recent biopsy I've developed a "small cell" cancer that will not respond to Tarceva which is the pill that I currently take as an oral chemo.
Long story short, we will tackle the cancer the old fashion chemotherapy way. They will give me a very aggressive dose and it can take up to 6 rounds. Per round is 3 consecutive days, every 3 weeks of getting IV infusion of 2 different medicines. The Oncologists are positive that I can handle it because I'm still young, I'm strong and I'm positive.
We're discouraged obviously but I kept telling Kevin that we were blessed that we didn't go through this 15 months ago when I was dealing with the loss if my grandfather, my dad being sick, and dealing with our child's rebellion. I was given a lot of time to do the things that I love and be with the most important people in my life.
Sure it will be a rough and bumpy road ahead, so I'm asking for lots of prayers and a support network to help my family. But what I'm asking for the most is God's presence in the midst of a trial, because I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.
If you have any experience dealing with chemo please message me, I want to educate myself as much as I can to be prepared and be proactive before my treatments start.
Thank you all for your time and God bless. ♥️


2/2/2018
Thank you all for praying for me and my family , I found out some details about my chemotherapy.
I'm starting on Tuesday, I will be infused with the chemo meds through IV for 4 hours. The good news is I won't have to do it for 3 consecutive days every 3 weeks, I'll only do it 1 day every 3 weeks instead. What a relief! Glass is half full!
Side effects will be blood counts dropping, so my immune system will be very low. I'll also be having mouth sores, nausea /vomiting, and lose all my hair. But this is only temporary, beating cancer is more of my priority than vanity.
🔆Ways to help us🔆
1. Prayers!!!! I won't last this long if it wasn't for Christ.
2. Encouragement, texts, chats etc especially for Kevin and Connor. I find it harder to watch your love one suffer and can't do anything about it, so please surround them with love and support.
3. Practical needs, TBD on what they are. My Oncologist said that I'll be wiped out the first week but will recover after that so I should be mobile after a week.
4. Lastly, I want you to cherish your life and live it to the fullest. Don't take it for granted. Do things that you love, be with the people who are important to you. Ask for God's plan for your life because we are a part of His grand design. Share my story, I don't mind. I don't do this for my fame or for people to pity me. It's all glory to God who is Jehovah-Go'El my creator, Jehovah-Rapha my healer, Jehovah-Jireh my provider.
I love you all, God be with you my friends.




"You restored me to health and let me live. Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish. In your love you kept me from the pit of destruction; you have put all my sins behind your back."
~Isaiah 38:16-17







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TREATMENTS? WHAT'S NEXT? HOW ARE YOU DEALING WITH THIS?

DIAGNOSIS